Skip to main content
212 N. 2nd Street, STE 100, Richmond, KY 40475 | (859) 317-7990
by Kentucky Registered Agent LLC

Hardin County

Filing articles with the Hardin County Clerk’s Office

Why would I need to file my articles in Hardin County Kentucky?

In addition to filing with the Kentucky Secretary of State, you are required by statute to submit your formation documents to the county clerk of the Kentucky county where your business resides. Usually, it is where your registered office is located.

Sole proprietorships can simply submit a certificate of assumed name to the county clerk in the county in which the individual’s principal place of business is located. For all other entities, the Articles of Incorporation or other formation documents must be filed first with the Secretary of State and then the county clerk where the entity maintains its registered agent for service of process.


Sole Proprietorships:
The fee to record the certificate of assumed name is $13.

Other business entities:
Hardin County charges $11 to file articles of incorporation with the county clerk.

Prices listed are for the first three pages. There is an additional $3 per page charge for longer documents.

How to file in Hardin County:

After you file your articles with the Secretary of State, the SOS will return a file stamped copy to you.  Submit an exact copy of that document to the Hardin County Clerk’s Office.  All documents for recording must be submitted to the Elizabethtown office.

Hardin County Clerk’s Office
Recording Department
14 Public Square
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Phone: (270)765-2171
Mon-Fri 8-4:30

We can help you

As your Kentucky registered agent, we provide reminders and instructions to file your Kentucky annual reports.  When we receive documents locally in our Kentucky office, we upload them to your online account so you have them immediately.  If you’d like help establishing a new corporation or LLC, you can sign up for incorporation service, and we will establish your business with the secretary of state for a minimal fee.  If you’d like to do it yourself, or if you already have, just hire us to be your Kentucky registered agent to take advantage of our online compliance tools and forms to file with the state. We are happy to help.