Skip to main content
212 N. 2nd Street, STE 100, Richmond, KY 40475 | (859) 317-7990
by Kentucky Registered Agent LLC

Callaway County

Filing articles with the Callaway County Clerk’s Office

Why would I need to file my articles in Callaway County Kentucky?

You are required by statute to submit your formation documents to the county clerk of the Kentucky county where your business resides. Usually, it is where your registered office is located.

Sole proprietorships can simply submit a certificate of assumed name to the county clerk in the county in which the individual’s principal place of business is located. For all other entities, the Articles of Incorporation or other formation documents must be filed first with the Secretary of State and then the county clerk where the entity maintains its registered agent for service of process.


Sole Proprietorships:
The fee to record the certificate of assumed name is $13.

Other business entities:
Callaway County charges $11 to file articles of incorporation with the county clerk.

Prices listed are for the first three pages; there is an additional $3 per page charge for longer documents.

How to file in Calloway County:

After filing with the SOS, present an exact copy of the stamped articles of incorporation to the Callaway County Clerk’s Office.

Callaway County Clerk
101 S 5th St. Ste. 5
Murray, KY 42071-2583
Phone: (270)753-3923
M-F 8-4:30

We can help you

Just starting your Kentucky business? As your Kentucky registered agent we provide reminders and instructions to file your Kentucky annual reports.  When we receive documents locally in our Kentucky office, we upload them to your online account so you have them immediately.  If you’d like help establishing a new corporation or LLC, you can sign up for incorporation service, and we will establish your business with the secretary of state for a minimal fee.  If you’d like to form your business yourself, or if you already have, just hire us to be your Kentucky registered agent to take advantage of our online compliance tools and forms to file with the state. We are happy to help any way we can.