Skip to main content
212 N. 2nd Street, STE 100, Richmond, KY 40475 | (859) 317-7990
by Kentucky Registered Agent LLC

Boone County

Registering with the Boone County Clerk’s Office

Why would I need to file my articles in Boone County Kentucky?

You are required by statute to submit your formation documents to the county clerk of the Kentucky county where your business resides. Usually, it is where your registered office is located.

Sole proprietorships can simply submit a certificate of assumed name to the county clerk in the county in which the individual’s principal place of business is located. For all other entities, the Articles of Incorporation or other formation documents must be filed first with the Secretary of State and then the county clerk where the entity maintains its registered agent for service of process.


Sole Proprietorships:
The fee to record the certificate of assumed name is $13.

Other business entities:
Boone County charges $11 to file articles of incorporation with the county clerk.

Prices listed are for the first three pages. There is an additional $3 per page charge for longer documents.

How to file in Boone County:

You will have to submit your articles of incorporation or organization to the county clerk’s office in Burlington for filing. You may file a copy or the original as long as it has the state’s filing seal. Boone County accepts cash or check fees if you file in person. If you mail your documents make checks payable to: Boone County Clerk. The office will keep your document for 7-10 days for processing and return it with filing information on it.

Boone County Clerk’s Office
Legal Records Department
PO Box 874
2950 Washington Street
Burlington, KY 41005
Phone: (859)334-3624
Mon, Thurs & Fri 8:30-4:30; Tues & Wed 8:30-6:00

We can help you

Just starting your Kentucky business? As your Kentucky registered agent we provide reminders and instructions to file your Kentucky annual reports. When we receive documents locally in our Kentucky office, we upload them to your online account immediately. If you’d like help establishing a new corporation or LLC, sign up for incorporation service and we will establish your business with the secretary of state. If you would like to do it yourself, just hire us to be your Kentucky registered agent to take advantage of our online compliance tools and forms to file with the state. We are happy to help any way we can.