Skip to main content
212 N. 2nd Street, STE 100, Richmond, KY 40475 | (859) 317-7990
by Kentucky Registered Agent LLC

Certificate of Authority – Kentucky LLC

Foreign Kentucky LLC

If you run an LLC located outside of the state of Kentucky and you want to operate in Kentucky, you will need to register your limited liability company as a Kentucky foreign LLC. Once filed, the State returns a filed certificate of authority from the Kentucky Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

As your registered agent, we can register your foreign LLC in Kentucky for the state filing fee plus $100.

OR, you can do it yourself, and just hire us as your registered agent in Kentucky. All Foreign LLCs in Kentucky will require a registered agent. You can have this service for $49 a year.

Once you sign up for Kentucky registered agent service, you will be logged into your online account where you’ll find the foreign Kentucky LLC form you submit to the Kentucky Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

After looking at the resources we include in your online account, if you do not want to actually file the paperwork yourself, you can click on the add services tab in your account, and get us to do the filing for you for the state filing fees plus $100. As part of that service, we will also locate the proper documentation from the home state of your LLC organization that are needed to properly register you in the State of Kentucky.