Skip to main content

Filing Service – Kentucky Certificate of Authority

Foreign Corporation in KY

If you are a corporation based in a state other than Kentucky and want to conduct business in Kentucky, you will need a Kentucky Certificate of Authority from the State of Kentucky. You can get one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Kentucky Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the State of Kentucky will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Kentucky corporation is not to be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in the State of Kentucky is a foreign corporation.

We only charge $100 plus the Kentucky State filing fee to prepare and submit the foreign Kentucky corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Corporations Division of the Kentucky Secretary of State. We will also track down the forms needed from your home state of incorporation to submit your paperwork.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our Kentucky registered agent service and the foreign corporation form is already in your client account immediately. You’ll also find some submission tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. Your business needs to have a Kentucky registered agent anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to send them to the Kentucky Secretary of State yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

Simply sign up for registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at our filing tips. If you don’t want to do the filing yourself, you can click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. Your account shows real time status of our work in progress. Once we are done with your foreign corporation registration in Kentucky, we always store the filing to your online account, email it to you, and mail you the original filed documents.